Sunday, January 27, 2013

The 21st Century Connected Student

This is my interpretation of the 21st century connected student. My map may seem a little bare, but I chose to do mine based on the typical grade 4 student, who still may not have been exposed to too much yet. Nowadays, by this age, a grade 4 could easily have a cellphone (which is ridiculous because I got my first one at 17; but there is no point in having a pity party). They are so common that the age of ownership has dropped tremendously. Not many people use MSN messenger anymore, but if someone was to use it, it would be a grade 4. Messanger was the go to device after school, but since the incorporation of chat in Facebook,and with the text message, messenger sort of disappeared. Hash tags for twitter are everywhere these days, so a grade 4 seeing one and wanting to follow it just makes sense.

Facebook is probably the most used social device among this age group, because it is just so cool!! Right? Yeah, in ways. I personally never use Facebook anymore, mainly because of all the changes it has gone trough, which I despise (sorry Facebook lovers, but its true). The age of children using Facebook now is crazy, considering you have be at least 13 to have an account. Facebook is the "the" online social device, so of course students are going to want it. Go Twitter!

Overall, this is essentially what I think the connected grade 4 would look like. Until next time... CHEERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment